This is a fantastic bright and flavorful sauce I use on Ravioli, Linguine or a large flat oddly shaped Sagnarelli or Farfalle. Honestly you can use/make any pasta you want. You are the boss of your kitchen 🙂 This recipe is a popular option. Or you can make this dough recipe into what ever pasta you choose. And don’t forget the bread!
- 1 package or one recipe of pasta of choice
- 10 to 12 ounces of mushrooms of choice (I like to use a combination) Sliced or chopped depending on variety
- 1 bunch fresh Organic Spinach
- 1/4 sun dried tomatoes chopped
- 1 Tbls minced Garlic (about 3 to 4 cloves)
- 3 Tbls Olive oil
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/8 tsp Cheyenne Pepper (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 to 3 tbls Parmesan Cheese (Optional) Vegan options available.
Prep: Start by cleaning and slicing your mushrooms. Rinse your spinach water, twice, then lay on towel and toss to dry, or put in salad spinner. Take care not to crush or bruise the spinach. Set aside. Mince your garlic and set aside. In a large, maybe very large 😉 skillet, saute mushrooms in olive oil for about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, pepper flakes, Cheyenne, and sun dried tomatoes, salt and pepper. Saute for an additional 3 to 4 minutes. Add your spinach now to wilt it. You can add your pasta to the skillet now and warm through or if your skillet is full transfer to larger pan before adding pasta.
Serve topped with Parmesan cheese.
I hope you try this pasta sauce and let me know your thoughts.
Enjoy, and Let’s Get Cooking!