Mornings can be festive as well as the lunches and dinners. Your peeps will definitely love this this Autumn granola recipe. You can have it with your choice of yogurt or milk, atop ice cream or snack on it as is. It’s sure to be a fall favorite.
Start with fresh ingredients. Don’t use those old fashioned oats you have had for months or those cranberries you bought last Christmas. Go buy some new ones. 🙂 Trust me on this one. Hey, you might find another pumpkin you need while you’re out 😉
- 3 cups Organic, Rolled Oats (Not the quick kind)
- 1/2 cup Pureed Pumpkin
- 1/2 cup Maple Syrup
- 1/2 cup oil of choice (I like to use organic, expeller pressed Sunflower or Safflower oil for this application)
- 1 1/2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 Tbls Raw or Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Sliced Almonds
- 1/2 cup nut of choice. Pumpkin Seeds, Pecans and Walnuts are all good choices, but you can also use Pistachios and Sunflower Seeds. If you are using pecans or walnuts roughly chop them, so they are about in 3rds.
- 1/2 cup Cranberries (you can find ones unsulfered and sweetened with apple juice)
Directions: Preheat your oven to 350°. In large bowl combine oats, cranberries and nuts. (*If you are using walnuts or pecans, add them when it’s indicated.) In a separate bowl mix together oil, maple syrup, pumpkin, spice and salt. Whisk together till thoroughly combined. Pour half the liquid over oat mixture and stir till combined. Then add the second half and stir till coated well.
Spread granola on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes take the granola out of the oven and mix it up. scraping in the edges that have gotten more heated. * This is where you add the pecans or walnuts. (They have a tendency to burn, so less time in the oven is Ideal.) Bake second time for 15 more minutes. Take out again. If it still seems a little too moist, pop it back in for another 5 minutes. It burns quickly so watch it! When the granola is cooling, sprinkle with sugar, salt and cinnamon. (Optional) Let cool completely. Place in sealed container or Ziplock to keep it fresh. Can be kept a week or so.
You can serve it with your choice of yogurt, milk, fresh fruit, on top of ice cream or heck, just like it is! Enjoy this recipe and Let’s get Cooking!